Case Study 5500HP, 13,200v, Synchronous Motor: (Part 2) Evaluating Surplus Motor Options and Initial On-site Application Review
July 11, 2019
For part two of the series, Todd Hatfield will be reviewing the dismantled surplus motor and explaining some of the on-site findings for the 5500HP , 13,200v, Synchronous Motor.
In this video segment, you will see:
- The replacement motor’s shorting ring and it’s unique placement on the motor
- Data collected on the replacement motor’s stator and rotor
- Removing covers & sleeve bearings to gain access for measurements of the original motor
- How the airflow in the pit cooled the motors
- How the motor structure was being supported
Don’t forget to start from the beginning of this case study series…
Be sure to watch for the rest of the posts in the series!