Kentucky Service Center
Capabilities and Services
EASA Accredited Service Center in Lexington, KY
HECO Kentucky Service Center is a full-service electro-mechanical Repair facility employing highly trained and skilled personnel. Focused on electric motors, pumps, fans/blower, and gear reducers – we help to keep industrial facilities running with our promise of: All Systems Go.
- Electric motor Repair and rewinding through 1,500 HP, 4160v in Lexington, KY 30,000 HP, 13,800v in Kalamazoo, MI
- EASA Accredited – Third Party audited that we are using prescribed good practices to maintain motor efficiency and reliability
- Servo and Spindle Motor Repair with full encoder testing capabilities
- Pump Repair for all types and brands of pumps
Products We Supply:
- Electric motors and electric motor parts
- Pumps and pump parts
- Gear reducers, valves, other related equipment
- PT products (bearings, belts, pulleys, etc.)
- Surplus motors and pumps (through 10,000HP)
- Vacuum pump, blower, and fan Repair
- On-site Field Service on pumps, motors, blowers, and fans
- Turn-key removals and installation services
- Field balancing and alignment (shaft and belt)
- Vibration analysis and infrared thermography services (route and troubleshooting)
- Engineering services (mechanical and electrical reverse or redesign)
- Predictive or troubleshooting service
- Root Cause of failure analysis service
- Customized training (in-shop or on-site)
- Remote Condition Monitoring / IIoT Solutions
What makes us different?
At HECO’s Kentucky Service Center you get the best of both worlds. Local support in Kentucky and Southern Ohio that Kentucky Service Center has been supplying since the 1960’s with the backing of all of the HECO resources that are available.
With HECO and KSC combined – Industrial plants and facilities can now be fully supported with one phone call – whatever the size, we have the solution!
- Local support and quick response
- Capabilities for large motors and pumps
- More experts than ever before
We specialize in custom systems that optimize the performance of the entire electric motor driven powertrain. It all begins by asking “WHY.” When you tell HECO you’re having an equipment problem, we want to find out why it happened in the first place – then we can properly explore how to prevent it from happening again. It’s that simple.