Purchasing Spare Equipment
identifying and sourcing the spare equipment you need
Ever had an issue finding a spare for your electric motor?
Did you buy a spare and when the time came to use it – it didn’t fit? Or didn’t operate like the original? It didn’t drive the load?
It is far too common that someone looks for spare equipment and they either bought the wrong one or couldn’t find one that does what the original did. HECO is here to change that.
From a simple NEMA T-Frame motor replacement to a complex Above-NEMA, high voltage motor, we have supplied Perfect Fit “Drop-In” spares.
We have a tried and true process that includes an on-site assessment and evaluation to ensure what we are providing is what you need. This process is a two-sided process. We need information from our customers and then we use that information to find the perfect solution.
Some highlights of our process:
- Where is the connection box located?
- Where are the auxiliary connecting boxes located?
- What are the physical/space constraints for a replacement motor?
- Does a drawing of the original motor exist? Is it accurate?
- What is the load information? Does a speed vs. torque curve exist?
- Do the critical mounting dimensions match a common modern frame size?
- Is there anything special about the motor?
- Can we adapt a common motor versus a custom one? Or does a custom motor make more sense?
- What manufacturer(s) build the best solution?
- What is the history of issues with the existing unit?
How Does HECO Ensure a Perfect Fit?
We gather a variety of information in order to make an educated decision with our customer. In the end, our customer is ensured that the Perfect Fit “Drop-In” spare will install and operate with ease.
And if we can find someone to build it – maybe we can. There have been many situations where we have been able to manufacture a spare when we couldn’t find one in the marketplace.
Just one other way that our promise is All Systems Go.